Sunday, 14 August 2016

10 card challenge

Afternoon,

This morning my friend challenged me to make 10 cards using a limited amount of supples.
I chose to do a birthday theme and she chose Christmas.

I used Die Cuts With a View papers (10 sheets 8x8) and MFT Blueprint 18.
I also used Happy Birthday die from Clearly Besotted, happy birthday sentiment from darkroom door and another happy birthday sentiment from CC designs by Amy R.
I did use silver embossing powder, Lawn Fawn dye ink and sequins/gems.

Here are the papers and die set I used


The papers are glittery so were fun to use.
I cut the elements of the dies out using all of the papers which meant I just then needed to assemble and add sentiments.

Here are my 10 cards :












This is what I had left


It does mean I can make some more cards out of what remains.
I really enjoyed this challenge.
It's surprising what ideas you can come up with.
I made these in 2 and half hours. Not a bad mornings work.

I hope this inspires you to have a go at this type of challenge.
My friend used a stamp set and matting dies rather than the blueprint dies and just sentiment stamps like me.

I will be doing this again at some point.
I think I will use another Blueprint set.

Hugs 
Kelly x

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Great cards Kelly. Love those papers...which stack are they from?
Kathleen Mc xx

Kelly said...

It's the All Dressed up stack x