Saturday, 13 October 2012

13 Days of Halloween Day 4

Today I'm sharing with you my project that I've made for Simply Challenged Challenges
The task for Day 4 was that the creation had to glow. 
Well when I was shopping I found a cauldron and thought I could make it glow using the liquid from inside a glow stick. 
I consulted my hubby who then took it a step further and said we could make it smoke too. 
Well it did that and more. I can't thank my hubby enough for helping me. My children loved it as we were experimenting with it in the garden. 
So here it is


Isn't it cool. My Hubby is already thinking about how we can use a larger cauldron and to make it smoke continously for Halloween. Here it is in it's stages.


Take one cauldron. Add water.


Add glow stick liquid, plus an eyeball and London stirring her cauldron. Here it is before the smoke.



Add a smoke pellet and Voila a glowing/ smoking cauldron


Well I hope you like this project. I can't wait to see what Day 5 brings in the 13 Days of Halloween.

Kelly x

P.S Thank you for all of the fab comments I've received for all of my creations. I really appreciate them. I do check them first has I've had some spam ones recently. So if they don't show up straight away It's because I'm not near a computer.

I'm entering this into

19 comments:

Flutterby Trina said...

She looks grate! When I used her like this the other day it was SOOO much fun to colour her!!! Love the fact someone else used the glowstick Idea - and well done on the smoke pellet - never thought of that!!! x

Mayflower said...

Wow, this is fantastic project. Love it!. Phyllis x

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant project and great ideas
carol x

craftyeyes said...

fab project welldone very spooky Tracy x

MissyG said...

fabulous fun project
Linda xx

ALI said...

Wow, that looks so cool, it's great.

Trudie said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I LOVE it!! Just fabulous. Brilliant! xxx

Janet - aka stacky said...

Wow this is brilliant clever hubby, thank you for your lovely comment on my blog x

Scrap Vamp said...

Awesome!!!

Corinne said...

Fantastic idea... boy you have really gone all out for this! Thanks for joining us for our 13 Days of Halloween at SCC
Hugs

carrie-lee said...

WOW! IS STUNNING JUST LOVE IT XXX

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Awesome project, very unique and spooky! Thanks for sharing.

Jewelsmae said...

Wow, great idea

sandy's crafty bits said...

hi kelly ... how very clever of you and hubby to come up with this ... good luck with the challenge ... thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment on my sisters birthday card ... hope you have a great week ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

ChrisAndCat said...

How clever is this - love it!

Eileen said...

Woooo - spooky but good spooky!! Started putting me in the mood for Halloween!

Laura said...

Very clever! We don't really do Halloween as my little boy is too young (we dressed him up to go and visit his grandparents the other end of the village last year and that was it!!) but this would be fab to have a go at in a few years time!!

Scrappy Scatty said...

so very clever
thank you for joining in with the 13 days of Halloween
Love Jan
xx

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, in fact arrived by checking yahoo and google for a comparable issue to this post. Which means this might be a late post nevertheless keep up the great work.