Friday, 9 September 2011

Experiments

Hi all,
I thought I'd share some experiments with you today with my gold leaf and the zig way glue pen.

First I stamped my image straight onto my card. I was trying to do a quick simple card.

I coloured the image in using my Promarkers. I know the ink bled through to the back of the card, but that'll be covered with a quick insert.

Then I decorated around the image using my zig way glue pen. I then had to leave the glue to change colour. This would make it tacky enough to hold the gold leaf.

Here's another way of using the pen outting dots around the edge.

Here it is with the gold leaf on. It gives a subtle shine/decoration to the card.


As you can see it just helps the image to stand out. I'm going to have a play making vines and different designs to go around the edge of a card. Hopefully this will give you the courage to experiment. Thank you to Pam @ The Bugbytes for having me as a guest designer today.


I will be posting my blog candy on Saturday.


Kelly x

20 comments:

Pam said...

Love it Kelly! The gold leaf is a great touch! TFS

CraftyLoops said...

Kelly this is a terrific idea and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing this technique, the results look smashing. Lee x

Cards by Alison said...

lovely card simple but elegant. Alison xxx

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is a beautiful little card. Your coloring is wonderful, the hair looks so real. TFS

applejack cards by sue said...

Hiya, I think this is so pretty. I love visiting your blog and I leave having been inspired.

Pink Dandelion said...

Beautiful card, love your colouring. Debs xx

Michelle said...

Simply gorguss xx

Wendy said...

Beautiful card,fab colouring.
Wendy xx

craftybirdlisa said...

Love the card. Great idea for using the gold leaf.

Just having a quiet blog hop.

Hugs

Lisa x

sue said...

lovely card,the gold leaf is fab. sue xx

MissyG said...

loving the gold leaf - fab idea
Linda

sparklingblackrose said...

Gorgeous Kelly! Great cas card :-) Elaine xxx

ALI said...

Great idea for the gold leafing.

Fiona Keel said...

beautiful gold leaf, and gorgeous stamped image, fi xx

Viv said...

Oooh so pretty :O) Viv xx

Becky said...

This is fab, I love the stamped image.

Becky x

Izzwizz said...

It's great to visit and see some new experiments - fab effects, well done x

Janie Printz said...

Love this little cutie & your fantastic coloring of her. That gold leaf pen looks fab. I've tried finding one but where ever I do see them they have always been out of stock. Beautiful card !
Hugs's Janie

Cricut Couple said...

This is SO beautiful! Love the gold ribbon around the edge! Really makes the beautiful coloring stand out!

copilarim said...

wonderful experiment:D