Tuesday, 23 November 2010

Isla Word book


Hi all,

Today I'm a guess designer on She's a Sassy Lady. I thought I would do a word book today. My friend just had a little girl and I thought I would make her a little word book. I hope you like it.

This is the first layer on the Gypsy. I used George for the square and Storybook for the lettering. I often use Storybook as I like the lettering.


Here's layer two. On the first and second layer I just focused on the main part of the word book.



Layer 3 was just for the lettering that I was going to overlay on the main wordbook pages.



Here's the chipboard all cut out. I used cereal boxes for my chipboard.


Here are all of layer three cut out. I used DCWV Nursery Girls for all of the paper.
I arranged my paper so each letter would be cut out of different paper. Saves time and paper.


Here are the letters cut out.

To make the other size fit, I could have flipped the designs on the Gypsy, but to save time I put the paper on the mat face down.



Here are all the four pages assembled. I inked round all of the edges with Tattered Rose distress ink. I made little pockets with envelopes so the hospital bracelets etc could have somewhere to go.

Here is the final picture of it all together. I tied it with a baby ribbon. Word books are fairly easy to do and I hope this tutorial will help you have a go at it.

Kelly x
























2 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Kelly what a lovely little book. She is really going to like it and I'm sure will fill it full of memories. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Anonymous said...

I hate to comment but i am going to for this post. Thanks for your hard work, please maintain it up.:)